EDX : EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW


This time around, I have the pleasure to present to you an exclusive interview with one of the hottest and successful for more than a decade, Italian native artist, producer, DJ, Helvetic Nerd, multi-talent and great friend of mine, EDX. Here's a little taste of what some would call, a perfect world.

Thank you EDX for taking the time to get up close and personal... and giving us this wonderful, exclusive and fun interview. [It really does describe you in a nut shell.] 



Disco Bunny : It's a great pleasure to have you!!! How are you today? Where are you at the moment of reading this interview?

Right now I am sitting in seat 4G on a A340 on my way to Sao Paulo. It's about 1am, sometimes I can work much more focused night time... and yes I  feel very fulfilled right now.

Disco Bunny: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your career for people who don't know so much about you yet?
- Let's start with the common stuff like, I was born and raised in Switzerland from Italian parents. I am the absolutely hottest and best DJ in this World, you know Italians do it better...! :) OK, let's do this like this, most of you know my music production and remixes for as likes of Kaskade, Deadmau5, Steve Angello, Laidback Luke, Armin Van Buuren, Axwell, Bob Sinclar and many more. One of my biggest remixes and production is called ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER which I remixed for US House Star Kasakde back in 2007. I believe it's a house classic in the meantime... Have you ever heard about Helvetic Nerds? I am one of their members... :)

Disco Bunny: Haha, yes... Italians are quite amazing ; )  As you have an international career, you travel a lot to perform your art. Do you have a favourite destination and why?

-Actually there are so many. I like to play random places and cities of course I love to perform on big festivals as well. I love to travel the world and share my music and love to create a good vibe for music maniacs and lovers. Sometimes I really feel I am very blessed to be able to have my music hobby become my daily friend.

Disco Bunny: Your top 5 tunes currently playing in clubs?

- EDX - Everything (EDX's Arena Mix)
- Third Party - Thank You
- Sultan & Ned Shepard - Walls
- Wolfgang Gartner - Walls
- EDX - Give It Up For Love (M&P Remix)

Disco Bunny: Favorite club/festival?

- There are so many clubs I consider on the edge... Let's pick one in Vegas: Marquee Day Club
- Same on the festival side: Electric Zoo 2011

Disco Bunny: I love Marquee Day Club, always great times. What are your  plans for 2012  in term of releases, events…?

- We will try to develop the NO XCUSES brand into a stronger EDM event and radio show by adding more countries. We plan on producing  branded events as well. In the Spring we released my first ever album and this was something that made me really proud about this passion and love for the music. Did you ever listen to it? I am sure there is a song you can fly away.. Some singles are already exploited but there is much more coming as well on the remix and collaboration side.

Disco Bunny: Yes, if I remember correctly I was one of the first to listen to your album, great production! Any artist that we should be on the lookout for? (breakthrough artist)

- There are a few: Leventina (Top Production), Grant Seygoran (16 year old house producer from LA, give him 1 more year and you will love him), from the older dudes, Tristan Garner's production  at the moment are really on the edge.


Disco Bunny: Def looking out for Leventina.  Favourite drink &  food?

- I am actually a real water guy and of course my mom's food is the best!



Disco Bunny: What are you into besides music?


- Girls, Girls, Girls... hahaha :) No actually I am multi interested and very active into so many things. I really never get enough, but actually I am very diverse. I just like to do what ever that keeps me on the move!



Disco Bunny: Girls?! I don't blame you, hehe! Where can your fans go to find you online?


Comments