Skip to main content

Paul Thomas : Exclusive Interview


 Paul Thomas, a Godskitchen & Global Gathering Resident, Toolroom Knights & Ministry of Sound regular whom has collaborated  with Mark Knight, Funkagenda, Jerome Isma-Ae, Manuel De La Mare, Richard Dinsdale, Sonny Wharton, Ant Brooks, Kim Fai, D-Unity & many more.  

Disco Bunny : It's a great pleasure to have you!!! How are you today? Where are you at the moment of reading this interview?
PT: I'm very well, thank you! I'm reading this interview on a plane flying over the UK back from my gig in Ireland last night. 

Disco Bunny: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your career for people who don't know so much about you yet?
PT: I've been a resident for Godskitchen and GlobalGathering for the past 6 years or so, where my big break came. I've made house music on labels like Toolroom, Spinnin, Funk Farm, Diffused, Doorn etc for around 3 - 4 years, and have remixed people such as Deadmau5, Basement Jaxx, Chicane and more recently, Paul Oakenfold and Paul van Dyk.

Disco Bunny: Your top 5 tunes currently playing in clubs?
PT: Snow Patrol 'The Symphony' (Paul Thomas bootleg)
Funkagenda 'Blacklight'
Paul Thomas 'Ruby'
Silvio Ecomo 'In No Dip' (Koen Groeneveld remix)
Paul Thomas 'Who's Afraid Of The Dark'

Disco Bunny: What are your  plans for 2012??
PT: Touring mainly! I'm heading to the States more this year. I'm at Avalon in LA next week, then New York, Miami and a few other places in June. Then we head into festival season in Europe, where I'll be playing for GlobalGathering in Ukraine, Russia, UK & Belarus. Production wise, I'm continuing collaborations with producers I really like, such as Manuel, Jerome, Weekend Heroes and Funakgenda. I've done a few more remixes than I'd like to have done recently, but as they've been for people like Oakenfold and PvD, I'm finding them difficult to turn down!

Disco Bunny: Favourite festival/venue?
 PT: In Europe, GlobalGathering, without a doubt. In Asia, Sunburn in Goa and Mumbai is so much fun, and of course Ultra is great too. I played my first Ultra Festival in Miami this year. 



Disco Bunny:  Do you have a favourite destination and why?
PT: There's so many places, that its impossible to just pick one. I love Japan. I'm a big fan of Japanese food, and the people are so lovely, even after the extraordinary things they've been through in recent years. I enjoy spending time in Singapore, and if I moved my family out of the UK, then Singapore would definitely be the destination, as its such a clean and safe city. Closer to home, I love London life, and Ibiza still holds something really special. Somewhere I've really enjoyed visiting in recent months is India. The melting pot of cultures is just amazing, and the shows out there have been outstanding recently.



 Disco Bunny: Favourite drink &  food?
PT: Japanese food, especially Sashimi, is my favourite food, along with Brazilian and Korean barbeque. Drink wise, my biggest vice is Coca-Cola! I rarely drink alcohol.



 Disco Bunny: What are you into besides music?
PT: To be honest, music is so time consuming, it's difficult to find time for a hobby. I like watching football, but if I'm not working on music then my free time is spent with my children :)

Disco Bunny: If you only had 3 items to work with, what would they be and why? They could be to produce with or dj with...
PT: Logic, Pioneer CDJ2000 and DJM800. That's pretty much all I need to work! Oh wait, I forgot my mac....



 Disco Bunny: Where can your fans go to find you online?
www.djpaulthomas.com has links to all my social networking sites :)


Comments